Located on the D2612 road towards Twyfelfontein, a very popular route. Each camping spot has beautiful views of the Gauntegab riverbed and rock formations. An ideal accommodation for the traveler who wishes to camp comfortably without compromising the experience of exclusivity in this vast and beautiful area of Damaraland Namibia.
Madisa is a good base camp to explore from. There are very interesting sights in the area such as Tyfelfontein, Brandberg, the Petrified Forest and many more. These are good and easy to drive and after a full day of exploring what could be better than finishing with a dip in the pool and enjoying the accommodation under a blanket of stars.
At the foot of the spectacular granite cup is the bar and pool. From the top you look out on a self-built drinking trough for elephants.
- Individual laundry facilities on stilts hidden in the treetops
- 9 private camping spots
- 5 overland locations
- Hot running water
- Lamps powered by a generator
- The camping pitches are shaded by large Mopane trees
- A low rock wall has been established around each camping site
- Outdoor pool
- Bar with cold drinks
- Wood sales
- Community campfire to meet fellow travelers and share experiences
- Excursions ( Elephant Tracking, Guided Village Walk, Sundowner Walk)
Madisa is not fenced but does have wild animals roaming around, it is good to stay alert and responsible at all times.
An alternative accommodation near Twyfelfontein is for example Mowani Campsite.